The purpose of this Association shall be to bring together all those concerned with the administration, direction and supervision of secondary education, to study problems common to these schools in this rapidly changing society, to encourage, provide for, and share in research, and to foster a wholesome professional spirit. In addition, the Association will support the National Honor Society and members of the National Student Council Association as the state affiliate of the National Association of Secondary School Principals, founder and sponsor of these organizations.
The New Mexico Association of Secondary School Principals embraces the following goals for our organization:
- Unite Principals Statewide for the purposes of creating a secondary leadership network (professional learning committee)
- Increase our membership numbers statewide which has a direct correlation to the importance of leadership (the principalship) in our schools
- Provide a comprehensive professional development platform that ensures consistent delivery of current state and national reform efforts (ex. Breaking Ranks II and Breaking Ranks in the Middle)
- Share best practices throughout the state
- Support practicing leaders and encourage aspiring leaders
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) and the New Mexico Association of Secondary School Principals (NMASSP) are considered unified for membership purposes. Therefore, joining one guarantees membership in the other.
Visit the membership link for details regarding membership benefits.